While both flatbed trucking and hot shot trucking are used to move goods from one location to another, their similarities basically end there. This is because flatbread trucks have a lot of great advantages over hot shot trucks – something that’s demonstrated by the fact that there are a lot of these trucking companies located near you. With so many companies available to choose from, it’s important for you to know how to choose the right one. After all, you don’t just want a company who services your area, you want one who’s also the right fit for your business.
Understanding What Hot Shot Trucking Offers
When you opt for a company who’s offering you hot shot trucking, you’re opting for a driver who uses their own personal vehicle to move your goods. If a driver chooses to work for such a company and doesn’t already own a personal vehicle, then they may be able to lease one from the company. In either case, this form of trucking has grown in popularity because it can quickly and easily expedite your shipments – something that ideal when you have time-sensitive freight that must be delivered.
Benefits Flatbed Trucking Offer Over Hot Shot Trucking
There are many reasons why flatbed trucking services are more beneficial than hot shot trucking services. These include:
- They’re more versatile than hot shot trucking services because they’re equipped to handle large, heavy freight. These trucks are loaded from the tip, sides, and rear, which makes it easier to load and unload your products in less time.
- You’ll have enough space. While hot shot drivers may have large vans that they use, there still isn’t enough room in them for large freight. However, with flatbeds large equipment and cargo is never a problem.
- Besides having a standard flatbed, there are also specialized flatbeds available for you to use. These include ones that have an extendable step deck, a drop deck, or even a removable gooseneck. When you need to transport heavy equipment or prefabricated construction materials you can rest assured that they’ll get the job done.
- It’s more secure to use a flatbed to move your freight. Since their load is exposed, you’re able to use chains, traps, and even coil racks. These help prevent your cargo from moving around while it’s being transported so you can rest assured that the freight will arrive at its destination being unscathed.
- There’s also a lot of dimensional flexibility available. This means that these trucks can haul a load of any size or shape.
- You’ll find that flatbeds are more convenient to use because unlike hot shot truckers who rely on manual labor for loading and unloading their trucks, flatbeds rely on a wench or a crane to safely load and unload their freight.
- Flatbeds have “continuous space.” This means that the surface of their trailer is flat. This allows them to accommodate items that can’t be transported by hot shot truckers.
Pictures Credit: RonaldPlett,